Thursday, February 19, 2015

Robert Ebert


          So the last few weeks were very interesting and very insightful. It was really nice to learn about Roger Ebert's life and how he lived his life before and after his his cancers. He is a very inspirational person and he helps put in perspective what our lives are really about and what we should really live for and appreciate. Why, when faced with a personal tragedy, do some people swim while others sink?  I think this that this really depends on how you were raise and what happened to you when you were young. For example, when I was younger my grand father died and it was the most upsetting thing that has ever happened to me. I cried so much and like two years after the fact I would cried every time someone would mention him.


           That experience has effected me in a way that now when a family member passes, its not very difficult for me to move on with my life. Its not like I don't care any more about them its more like that I know that they would not want people to stop their lives for them. My parents are not able to move on very quickly when a family member passes away it usually take time for them to recover. Also whether you sink or swim would also depend on the knowledge you have on the world. For example if you are in tune with the world around us today and you see all the death and terrible things that happen, you will take a family member passing away a little better. That is because you are desensitized by the news and bad things don't affect you as much. To conclude I learned a ton from learning about Robert Ebert, and have a new-ish out look on that is half optimistic and half realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment